Saturday, March 19, 2011

Plants, Plants, and More Plants

I'm having so much fun tending my little plants! We got some grow lights for starting plants indoors. Some of them are doing really well, as you can see. Those are the vegetables mostly. I can't believe that all six of the watermelon plants came up and are doing well! It's sad that only one cantaloupe came up because we love cantaloupe. I guess we'll have to buy some plants when it's time to plant outside.

Not very many flowers have come up so far, but maybe they haven't germinated enough yet. Some of them take up to 21 days to come up. We'll see............some of my seeds were over 10 years old. The little round disks that I planted the seeds in worked really well. I'm going to have to see if I can find more of those for next year. Because I went to all of this effort to start the plants indoors, I think I'll be more attentive to them once they're outside. The fact that school will be over will also help! I just hope they survive while we're away traveling all over the place in the next few months. Brooke helped me plant them and gave me a list of instructions. Thanks Brooke for getting me started!


(Don't mind the mess you see in the picture. That will be fixed also once school is over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment