Sunday, March 18, 2012

Family Time - Past and Present



This is Lars & Alyssha's new baby - Owen
He sure is cute! He also looks a lot like his big brother.



Are you in there Owen?
Rion Jenson & his new baby brother



Sophie Lott playing in the office chair
She loves to spin!


Recently I received some long-awaited pictures from a cousin. I had no idea what they looked like. Since I grew up not knowing my relatives, these pictures are really precious to me.
I love this picture! This is my Great grandfather, Carl Godfrey Kirsten. He just looks so kindly. He was born in Germany and came to the U.S. as a young child with his parents and siblings. I was really excited to finally have a face to put with his name.



This is my Great grandmother, Charlotte Elizabeth (Zimmerman) Kirsten
(better known as Elsie)
She was born in Germany & came to the U.S. at the age of 19 with her brother.




The picture above is of my grandmother, Helen (Kirsten) Crother and her brother, Otto Kirsten. There's no date of course, but I would guess they were maybe 8 years and 16 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment